- Model NO.: HPMC-YY
- Classification: Chemical Additives
- Appearance: Powder
- CAS No.: 9004-65-3
- Other Names: HPMC
- Purity: 99%
- Viscosity,MPa.S: 45000-100000
- Name: HPMC 20, 0000 Mpas
- Trademark: QMN
- Specification: Chemical Auxiliary Agent
- Efficacy: Promote Nutrition
- Type: Extreme-Pressure Additives
- Color: White
- Einecs No.: 220-971-6
- Usage: Coating Auxiliary Agent
- Mf: (C36h44o19)N
- Methoxy Content,%: ≤29
- Hydroxypropyl Content,%: ≥10
- Transport Package: 25kg/Bag
- Origin: China
HPMC Composition and chemical structure:
This product include Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose(HPMC)of pharmaceutical grade and industrial grade.
1. Pharmaceutical grade: this product is mainly used for pharmaceutic adjuvant that can be used as a thickener, dispersing agent, emulsifier and film-forming agent etc. When used as film coating and adhesive in drug tablets, it can significantly improve the waterproofing of tablets. Besides, it can also be used as suspension, ophthalmic preparation, slow and controlled release agent skeleton and floating tablets etc..HPMC is combined with colloidal drugs as other synthetic polymers in order to prevent the separation of water and ethanol from transparent water and colloidal materials and improve water retention; and it is also used in food, cosmetics and other fields as thickener, emulsifier and to improve the rheological properties as well as other daily chemical industries, etc.
2. Industrial grade: industrial grade HPMC is mainly used as dispersant in PVC production and is also the main additive of PVC preparation for suspension polymerization. In building construction, it is mainly used for external wall thermal insulation system, thermal insulation mortar, decoration mortar, masonry mortar and self-leveling mortar etc.. It is used as thickener, stabilizer, emulsifier, excipient, water retaining agent, film-forming agent etc. in the production of petrochemical products,paint remover, agricultural chemicals, printing ink, textile printing and dyeing, ceramics, papermaking, cosmetics and other products. When it is applied to synthetic resin, the products obtained will be of characteristics such as regular and loose particles, suitable apparent specific gravity and good processing properties etc., which can essentially replace gelatin and polyvinyl alcohol as dispersant. Besides, during the decorative construction, it is mainly used for building walls, stuccoing, caulking and other mechanized construction; especially in decorative construction, it can be used to paste ceramic tile, marble and plastic decoration, which is of high adhesive strength and can also reduce the amount of cement. When used as thickener in coatings industry, it can make the coating light and delicate without taking-off of powder and improve leveling performances etc.
HPMC appearance to be white powder or granule made from highly pure cotton - cellulose by reaction of etherification under alkal. HPMC is characterized by water solubility, water retention, nonionic, stability of the PH value, surface activity, temperature reversible gelling properties, thickening property, film formability, lubrication property etc.,without any organs of animals, fat and other bioactive constituents.
HPMC Technical Index
|Methoxyl content ( WT%)||28.0-30.0||27.0-30.0||19.0-24.0|
|Hydroxypropoxyl content ( WT%)||7.0-12.0||4.0-7.5||4.0-12.0|
|Gelation temperature (°C)||58.0-64.0||62.0-68.0||70.0-90.0|
|Loss or drying ( WT%)||≤ 5.0|
|Burnt residues ( WT%)||≤ 1.0|
|PH value(1% solution,25°C)||4.0-8.0|
|Viscosity(mPa.s, 2% solution at 20°C)||5-100000|
|granularity||100 mesh passing rate is more than 98.5%;80 mesh pass rate of 100%.;Special specifications of the particle size of 40 ~ 60 mesh.|
|Carbonization temperature ||280-300 ºC|
|apparent density||0.25 0.70 g/cm3 (usually about 0.5 g/cm3),specific gravity 1.26 -1.31.|
|color change temperature||190-200ºC|
|Surface tension||2% aqueous solution for 42-56 dyn/cm|
|Dissolve performance||Soluble in water and some solvent, high transparency,performance is stable, aqueous solution with surface activity, solubility change according to the viscosity, lower viscosity has the greater solubility, different specifications of HPMC its performance has a certain difference, HPMC of dissolved in the water is not affected by pH.|
|Reference to add quantity||The mortar for about 0.3 to 0.5%|
|HPMC increased with methoxy content reduce, the gel point,water solubility and surface activity also declined.|
1. Appearance: HPMC is a nonionic cellulose ether, white grayish-white powder or granule,odorless and flavorless, soluble in cold water, glacial acetic acid, ethanol, methanol and propylene glycol, slightly soluble in acetone depending on the degree of substitutions, practically insoluble in hot water, ethylene glycol and toluene. HPMC is dissolved in a mixture of 10% methanol and 90% methylene chloride to form colloidal solutions.
2. The solution of HPMC has surface activity, high transparency, and stable performance. When heated at certain temperature, the solution becomes cloudy or forms flocculent gel. However, the solution becomes clear again after cooling. Different types of HPMC have different gelation temperatures. The solubility varies with the viscosity. The lower the viscosity, the higher solubility it has. The different types of HPMC are different in some properties and their solubility in water is not affected by pH.
3. Particle sizes:100% pass rate in 80 mesh.
4. Apparent density:0.25-0.70 g/mL (usually about 0.5 g/mL),specific density 1.26-1.31mL.
5. Color change temperature:190-200°C; Carbonization temperature:280-300°C.
6. Surface tension:42-56 dyn/cm (2% aqueous solution).
7. The higher methoxy content in HPMC, the lower gelation temperature, and the higher solubility in water and surface activity.
8. HPMC has some other characteristics, for example, thickening property, pH stability, retention of water, excellent film-forming property, good disperse and adhesion ability.
1. Architecture industry
A. HPMC is used as water-retaining-agent in all kinds of compo materials, such as mortar, plaster, putty powder and other adhesive materials. It enhances the spread ability and the pump ability, lengthens the operable time of the wet materials.
B. HPMC is used as adhesive for tiles, marbles, plastic ornaments and plaster tone. It also reduces the dosage of cement.
C. The water retention property of HPMC leads the pulp not to dry too quickly, avoids crackings after spreading, and enhances the intensity of the coating.
2. Paint industry
HPMC is used in paint industry as thickening agents, dispersing agents and stabilizers. It has good intermiscibility with water or organic solvents.
3. Printing and ink printing
HPMC is used in printing ink industry as thickening agents, dispersants and stabilizers.
4. Plastic industry
HPMC is used in plastic industry for forming release agents, softeners, lubricants and so on.
HPMC is also widely used in the leather and paper industries, fruit and vegetable fresh-maintaining and textile industry and so on.
|HPMC will agglomerate when directly added to water and then dissolve. In this way it dissolves very slow and hard. Suggested methods as followers:|
1. In hot water.
HPMC does not dissolve in hot water. The primary HPMC can be uniformly disperse in hot water. Then cool down in two ways:
a) Add hot water in container and heated to over 70. Add HPMC gradually while slowly, stir. At the beginning, HPMC float on the top of water, then turns into slurry state stir and cool down.
b) Add water in container to 1/3 or 2/3 of its content. Heated to over 70 add HPMC by sequence of a). Make it disperse to form slurry state. Add cool water or ice to the resideual content, stir and cool down the mixture.
2. Powder combination.
Mix HPMC with identical volume of other powder, disperses them sufficiently then add water